Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Alice in Wonderland - Caterpillar


This piece was inspired by the caterpillar scene in Alice in Wonderland. I invite you become Alice as you peek into my little "subterranean, wonderland world." I think the bright colors of the mushrooms stand out perfectly against the green and purple vines.

I have been working on this piece since Feb 23rd and just finished it. It was painted in Corel Painter using wet brush acrylics.

I am looking forward to donating a framed print to The Matthew's House here in Fort Collins as a fundraiser piece at the Spring Garden Gala in May.

3 comments:

DMG said...

Beautiful ilustration of one of my favorite works. You did Mr. Carroll proud!

Krista said...

Nice! Love the softness and the swirls!

shaundra said...

Thank you so much for your nice comments! I think it will be a hit at the auction!